Saturday, December 18, 2010

CONCERT EXPERIENCE: Heartless Bastards=a quartet of kind & talented souls

The last B Live show of the year took place yesterday Friday December 17 at the usual spot. And once again B Live succeeded in booking a praise worthy headlining band and talented opening acts. All I can say is that in spite of the small crowd, Heartless Bastards gave it their all. The sound quality was unbelievable. The sound from the speakers was crisp, clear, and every instrument resonated beautifully. I won't hesitate in stating that out of all the shows I've attended at Old no.2, the sound quality at the Heartless Bastards show was by far the best to date. It wasn't too loud and it wasn't too soft. Front-woman, Erika Wennerstrom's voice is no different live from what is sounds like in your cd player, ipod, vinyl, or whatever your device, which is a good thing. She's the real deal. The setlist consisted of songs from The Mountain, older material [i.e "Done got old"], and new/unreleased material. I was sad that they didn't play "Into the Open." I was, however, lucky to hear it during sound check. All in all, there was no other place I would have rather been at on Friday December 17. Otherwise, I would have missed an exceptional performance. 
A video I took that night...