Monday, December 20, 2010

ON REPEAT: baltimore

The male/female duo that goes by the name Tennis created an exciting song titled "Baltimore." Right now as I listen to it I am swaying my head back in forth; right ear towards right shoulder, repeat, left ear towards left shoulder, repeat. "Baltimore" is an upbeat song with lo-fi quality vocals. It's as if she were singing inside a glass jar. You can hear the tender vibrations of her voice. I can, however, make out when she sings "can we get a job." I for some reason feel that this band will go far in 2011, especially since Fat Possum Records will be releasing their album Cape Dory on Jan.18, 2011. When I hear their music I imagine them having similar chemistry as Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally of Beach House. Listening to "Baltimore" over and over again has made Cape Dory one of my most anticipated albums of 2011I believe in you Tennis! Listen below...