Sunday, November 14, 2010

MY TRACK OF THE DAY: gymnopedies

French composer, Eric Satie's Gymnopedies No.1 is beautiful. It's nice to listen to this when you just want to sit down and relax while appreciating the wonders of life as they occur before our eyes. We move with time and so does this song. If I had a soundtrack to my life this would definitely be in there. This version that I am posting is the orchestra version. The one I own is from the compilation CD titled "The Most Relaxing Classical Album in the World...Ever!" , which sounds a lot like the one posted below. Gotta' love those horns, violins, deep bass and harps mixed in with the piano and flute! The way that horn/trumpet comes in surprises me like a train horn does when it awakens me in the middle of the night. That's the beauty of living a few miles away from the railroad tracks. Forgive me for straying away from the beauty of this song. Listen in...

[01]. Satie - Gymnopedies by taller2