Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ACL Lineup


The ACL line-up is finally up. I was pretty convinced that the people at ACL would post the lineup until 10am tomorrow morning but I was wrong. It was posted exactly at 12am today, May 17. Unfortunately I will not have the privilege of attending this year's Austin City Limits festival but I still care to know who is performing. And who knows?... perhaps I will be able to attend a pre-show or after-show. Or maybe I can volunteer!

Anyways, the line-up is great (but maybe not as great as last year's). Inspite of several complaints streaming at this very moment on acl's facebook page, I feel ACL booked a lot of great bands. The Radiohead rumor was a lie but at least Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Coldplay, and Fleet Foxes are headlining. Coldplay is a total shocker. I don't think many people speculated about this band even being there. As a die-hard Arcade Fire, Coldplay and Fleet Foxes fan I am totally bummed that I will miss out. And Santigold! This means she's getting ready to release an album. I can't wait.

So check out the line-up here. If you bought tickets I hope you are not dissapointed. I'd be pretty excited if I were you. It's going to be a good one. September 16-18 is just around the corner!

Line-up favorites:

Stevie Wonder
Arcade Fire
Kanye West
Coldplay
My Morning Jacket
Fleet Foxes
Empire of the Sun
Cut Copy
Santigold
TV On the Radio
Big Boi
Iron & Wine
Cold War Kids
The Walkmen
Foster the People
Smith Westerns
Young the Giant
Alexander
J. Roddy Walston & the Business
James Blake
Brandi Carlile
The Vaccines
Fool's Gold