Thursday, March 10, 2011

SXSW

SXSW is driving me crazy and I'm not even going. I am so overwhelmed with all the wonderful bands that will be in Austin next week. Going? I'm jealous! Although, if I were going I would probably be stressed out trying to figure out what bands to check out. Instead I will use spring break to catch up on my school work. The concert/parties (although I'm not sure they're all free) range from: filter, under the radar, paste, dickies, npr, spin, steve madden, urban outfitters and on and on and on. Name an organization or brand and I can guarantee that they'll be at SXSW 2011. The great thing about this is that most of these organizations are giving away free playlists of songs by bands that will be at SXSW. They aren't bad either as I type away I am streaming NPR's SXSW 2011 preview and so far they have been playing really cool songs that make me feel disappointed for not being able to experience SXSW 2011.

So I thought I should compile a list of all the FREE sxsw music I've encountered so far... here it goes... I might be here for a while. So just click on the links to go to the website for downloads:

1. Itunes sxsw 2011
2. Ideas of me
3. Urban Outfitters
4. Ioda SXSW Opening Day Bash Sampler 2011

Parties
1. Paste
2. Urban Outfitters
3. Under the Radar magazine
4. Steve Madden
5. Filter magazine
6. Dickies
7. KCRW