Tuesday, March 8, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: wounded rhymes



Lykke Li's sophmore album, Wounded Rhymes, was available for full streaming exactly two weeks ago via SoundCloud making this album review way overdue. But I did however get the chance to spend more time with the songs and repeat the tracks I liked most. So overall I gave Lykke Li's Wounded Rhymes a 6.68 out of 10. So there are a lot of great songs on this album but there are also songs that are passable like "jerome" and "silent my song" which could be easily skipped for catchier tracks like "get some" and "I know places." The song that bears the album name is the sweet melody called "sadness is a blessing" in which Lykke Li sings "my wounded rhymes make solid cries tonight." In terms of diversity Wounded Rhymes nails it. If you're looking to be consoled by a sad song or looking to get up and dance or in the mood for a poetic song with great lyrics then you will find what you're looking for in this album.

Favorite Tracks: Love out of lust, Get Some, Sadness is a blessing, I Know Places

***You can still listen to the entire album here.

I Know Places