Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ALBUM REVIEW: cape dory


Tennis' debut album, Cape Dory, was released today, Tuesday 1/18 via Fat Possum Records. I have not bought it, however, thanks to spinner.com I can stream the whole album for free. So far I have played the album from start to finish three times and its two thumbs way up. From a scale of 1-10 I give it an 9.49. There's something about her voice that makes me want to keep listening. I also like that the songs are upbeat but kind of mellow at the same time. I was a bit surprised to see that the track "Baltimore" was slightly altered. The tempo was turned down a few notches and it's not as noisy as the original version. It's certainly not a disappointment. Listen to Cape Dory while surfing the web, doing math homework, looking through magazines, driving through town, painting your nails, or getting through another day of work, and you'll see that it was worth the listen. Cape Dory equals ten tracks of musical bliss.

Favorite tracks: take me somewhere, cape dory, marathon, pigeon, baltimore

Listen to Cape Dory for a limited time at spinner.com.