Saturday, December 11, 2010

WHAT'S IN MY IPOD: helicopter

Helicopter here, helicopter there, helicopter everywhere. Deerhunter has been circulating the web, blogs, magazines, and now television for its latest LP release Halcyon Digest. Recently they made their t.v. debut on Conan O'Brien's TBS show. What song did they play? You guessed correctly... "Helicopter." If there is one song that describes the album art of Halcyon Digest it is definitely "Helicopter" with its opening line in which Bradford Cox sings "take my hand and pray with me." Listen to the magnificent "Helicopter" below.
 
Inspiration: Today my mother put up the one and only decoration on our Christmas tree. As it stood on the apex of the tree in the darkness of the living room I remembered "Helicopter" and the poignant Halcyon Digest album art. Here is a picture I took of the decoration.