Thursday, December 16, 2010

WHAT'S IN MY IPOD: alone in kyoto

I first heard about this song in the Lost in Translation soundtrack that my sister purchased back in our high school days. It happens to be one of the best movie soundtracks out there along with Garden State, Juno, Serendipity and 500 Days of Summer, to name a few. This song, by the French musicians AIR, recently resurfaced and its been helping me relax. The song is calming and has nice little beats to it as well. So you can relax and enjoy the sounds at the same time. Also, something about this song makes it 100% suitable to the season. It might be the glockenspiel chimes which are reminiscent of bells, i.e. jingle bells. Anyways, on Tuesday I drove from San Antonio to Laredo and found myself falling asleep among the bright headlights, a dark and deep purple sky, and the eastern moon that looked as if it were cut in half. As I was skipping through tracks on my ipod for a song to keep me awake, I landed on "alone in Kyoto." Being a mellow song I thought it would make me fall asleep but it actually got my brain moving and I was awake once again. Listen in ...